Social media strategy
Effective digital and social media strategy begins by understanding the brand’s overall business and marketing objectives. A clear focus on target markets is essential and thorough research must be conducted on all target audiences, alongside competitive analysis. In tandem, a detailed review and evaluation of the brand’s current online presence is required to identify gaps and opportunities, and to set an effective social media strategy.
Once the digital landscape and target audiences are thoroughly understood, an effective strategy and plan can be put in place and executed to measurable key performance indicators (KPIs) within budget.
An effective social media strategy creates online communications activity that is greater than the sum of its parts. A combination of social networks, digital channels and mobile Apps will provide a far greater increase lead generation, brand exposure and tangible return on investment (ROI) than simply focusing on one social media channel in isolation.
To create and effective inbound marketing strategy the following components must be considered
- Existing business and marketing objectives
- How the brand is currently - and wishes to be - perceived online
- Online competitive landscape
- Online behaviour of target audiences
- Digital content creation and management
- Balance between organic and paid activities
Choosing the right tactics and balance between digital channels is important to integrate with existing marketing mix and reach the target audiences effectively, those components could include:
- Targeted sponsored Facebook campaigns
- PPC Google AdWords campaigns
- Twitter and Facebook activity
- LinkedIn groups and executive profile building
- Social networking moderation
- Online video content for YouTube and Vimeo
- Social bookmarking
- Moderation and content creation
- Facebook community management
- Viral Video production and seeding
- iPhone and iPad apps
- Audio and video podcasts
- Mobile apps
- Blog creation
- Bloggers outreach programmes
An integrated digital and social media strategy improves brand awareness, lead generation and direct sales, and strengthens customer relations. Ultimately, an effective online marketing mix will positively contributes to brand value.